Ofsted Section 5 Inspection 2022
Ofsted Interim Inspection 2010
In a letter dated 12 July 2010 we were informed that Ofsted's interim inspection shows that our 'outstanding' performance has been sustained and that our next full inspection can be deferred.
For more information read the letter from Ofsted here:
Ofsted Inspection 2007
Our last full Ofsted inspection was in June 2007, when we were delighted to be judged as 'an Outstanding School'.
We are delighted that Ofsted reported:
- The school is outstanding in its effectiveness. Every pupil is valued and encouraged to reach for their best.
- Expectations are high amongst all staff and the pupils. Work is extremely well matched to pupils' needs.
- Leadership and management are outstanding.
- Teaching and learning are outstanding.
- The personal development of the pupils is first rate. There is complete racial harmony in school and behaviour is superb.
- The school has an enviable tradition of outstanding achievement and well above average standards.
- The pupils recognise the high quality of teaching in the school. They are unanimous in their opinion that lessons are often inspirational in giving them opportunities to discover new things and learn a lot.
You can read the full report below:
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Section 48 Inspections
Section 48 Inspection 2013
In May 2013 we had a Religious Education Inspection by the Archdiocese of Birmingham. The inspector judged that our school had remained outstanding since our previous RE inspection in June 2007 and noted how the school has continued to improve.
Below you can see some comments from the inspection report:
- The Catholic ethos is very obvious in all of the school's work.
- The children are proud to be part of a Catholic community.
- Parents agree wholeheartedly that there are many opportunities for both children and themselves to be involved in the catholic life of the school.
- The Governing Body are a supportive and challenging influence within the school community.
- The school provides an outstanding Catholic life which is greatly appreciated and beneficial to all.
- The school is rightly proud of the quality of their RE lessons; nothing but good or better is acceptable.
- Children were enthusiastic and engaged in their learning.
- A variety of creative teaching styles were used.
- An outstanding aspect of the school is the extent to which pupils contribute to and benefit from the Catholic Life of the school.
- These outstanding aspects have been used as exemplars for the purpose of a survey identifying best practice in the Archdiocese of Birmingham.
You can read the full report below:
In July 2018, we had a Religious Education Inspection by the Archdiocese of Birmingham. The inspector judged that our school has remained outstanding since our previous RE Inspection in May 2013. We have made many positive improvements which you can read about in our inspection report.
Some of the comments made in the report, include the following:
- This is an Outstanding Catholic school because the entire school community whole-heartedly and actively lives out its Catholic mission. The pupils have a profound understanding of their school motto, 'Jesus holds us in the palm of His hand.' They see it as their duty to tell others about this joyful message.
- Pupils of all ages are enthusiastically engaged in leading a wide variety of the Catholic Life of the school.
- Religious Education is very well planned and taught with great sincerity and skill by teachers.
- The school's leaders take great care to provide the necessary time and resources to enable the best quality experience of worship for pupils.
You can read the full inspection report below: